Monday, November 5, 2012

Why Challenge Myself?!

First of all, let me clarify this -- by "challenge," I mean a scrapbook or card challenge! On Two Peas, many people there may "challenge" you to create a layout or card based on whatever they decide -- use a certain sketch, technique, product, etc. Of course nobody has too -- it's just for fun, but sometimes competition also! People can win small prizes, but it's never based on the quality of your work -- as long as you complete the challenge, you are entered to win. I have never completed or taken on a challenge before. They just never appealed to me. Besides, there are probably 20 different challenge series going on the Two Peas board right now. That's too much for me to keep up with! But just this morning, one caught my eye. It was on the stamping board and is a card making challenge. (It's called Winter Stamp '08. It's still in planning stages, but you can click HERE for the thread.) Since card making is something that I am just getting into and am interested in learning more about, I thought I would give this one a try. I like this one too because there are a ton of different options you can choose from. Some offer small prizes too. I think entering this will be a great way in forcing me to try new things and learn more about stamping and card making. I'm really looking forward to it! In fact, today I started making cards using the January sketch from Sheetload and I was having trouble choosing paper. I am always using the same PP over and over! I have one paper pad that I have been trying to use but never do, so today, even though I didn't want to, I challenged myself to use it and find a way to make it work. I kind of like how the cards turned out! I have one more thing to finish on them, then I'll share a pic! So anyhow, you never know how creative you can be unless you challenge yourself to try new things! So, go ahead -- take on a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment